I can't resist a good meme, and Daisy Boneshas one today. It's all about houses, you guys.
1. When you walk in your front door, which room do you enter?
There's a nice sized foyer at the front of the house. Turn left for the family room, right for the dining room.
2. Do you have a dishwasher?
3. Is your living room carpeted or does it have hardwood floor?
There is a sort of oatmeal-colored carpet that covers the living room and most of the first floor. The kitchen is a very pretty Pergo, and the upstairs is all hardwoods.
4. Do you keep your kitchen knives on the counter or in a drawer?
We have a block of knives on the counter, plus a magnet holding more one the wall. Keeping knives in a drawer would be asking for trouble with Jack!
5. House, apartment, duplex or trailer?
House. Or, if you prefer, a Stately Manor.
6. How many bedrooms is it?
Four. Steve's and my room, Jack's room, a guest room, and the office. I am so glad to have a seperate office. In Previous Stately Wasser Manor, we had the office in the front room of the house, which afforded no privacy for Steve when he was writing.
7. Gas stove or electric?
8. How big is the yard?
Big. I love it so much. Will love it even more when we build a deck.
9. What size TV is in the living room?
Freaking huge. It's 36" and weighs a million pounds.
10. Are your plates in the same cupboard as your cups?
No, we have a really fun mishmash of coffee mugs.
11. Is there a coffee maker sitting on your kitchen counter?
Of course there is. Otherwise I might die.
12. What color is your home painted?
White with black shutters. I would like to repaint the shutters green some day.
13. What room is your computer in?
The office. This is one of the few rooms that Steve and I painted. Three of the walls are a rich chocolate brown, with an accent wall in light blue. It is so pretty, you guys.
14. Are there pictures hanging in your living room?
Of course there are. We have some coffee-related pictures hanging over our lovely orange chenille couch. And the Family Wall is pretty much what you'd expect - a big grouping of pictures of our family.
15.) Are there any themes found in your home?
Our family room is decorated with movie posters - the original Star Wars trilogy, plus movie posters for Jack in his play area - Shrek, Toy Story, Cars, and Spider-Man. Jack's room has the dual themes of Elmo and Star Wars. We hung up a bunch of autographed Star Wars pictures in his room and it looks awesome. Oh, and the guest room is very beachy looking.
16. What kind of laundry detergent do you use?
Cheer, in a big-ass box from Sam's.
17. Do you use dryer sheets?
I don't, because I think they're unneccesary and not at all green. Plus bad for performance fabrics. But Steve uses them.
18. Do you have any curtains in your home?
Brown faux suede curtains in our bedroom, blue ones in Jack's room, and white ones in the guest room. I'd like to get something to add a shot of color to the dining room, maybe a rich orange.
19. What color is your fridge?
20. Is your house clean?
Yes, and will be even more so after the cleaning ladies come tomorrow.
21. What room is the most neglected?
The finished part of our basement. We don't use it for anything.
22. Are the dishes in your sink/dishwasher clean or dirty?
It is my mission in life to always have the dishwasher emptied. Too many dishes pile up, and it's chaotic, plus I then have to stop and empty, then fill the dishwasher before I can work in the kitchen. Things are now as they should be - no dishes in the sink, a few dirty dishes in the dishwasher.
23. How long have you lived in your home?
Since July 2, 2007.
24. Where did you live before?
Temporary Wasser Manor, aka my mom's house.
25. Do you have one of those fluffy toilet lid covers on your toilet?
Those gross me out.
26. Do you have a scale anywhere in your home?
Yes, in the closet in the guest room.
27. How many mirrors are in your house?
Three? One in each bathroom, plus a full-length mirror in the bedroom. We had tons of decorative mirrors in Previous Stately Wasser Manor.
28. Look up. What do you see?
Ceilings with that swirly texture to them.
29. Do you have a garage?
No way would I live in the midwest without a two-car garage.
30. Are you planning on moving anytime soon?
No, and possibly never again.