Monday, June 04, 2007

Two Adults and One Child


Hooray! My boys are back home. Steve and Jack had a great time visiting my stepmom, but we all missed each other a lot. Jack gave me a mighty Flying Tackle Hug when I greeted him on Saturday, and it was by far the greatest moment of my week.

The three of us celebrated by taking Jack to his very first movie in the theater. (Because I am not counting those Baby and Me movies we went to when he was an infant.) Our choice was, of course, Shrek 3

This attempt at seeing a movie in the theater worked much, much better than our failure to see Happy Feet at Thanksgiving. Jack is six months older, so that helped his attention span, but more importantly, his Princess Fiona obsession really primed him for this movie. He sat in our laps for 95% of the movie, spending the rest of it standing just in front of us. He wasn't exactly quiet, but I didn't feel too badly about that. If you see a cartoon at 9:45 in the morning on a Sunday, you shouldn't expect a completely silent and adult atmosphere.

It made Steve and me really happy that Jack had such a good time at the movies. Going to movies is one of our favorite things to do, and it's great that Jack will be able to join us sometimes. It felt pretty big to use the phrase, "two adults and one child."

No comments: