Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Calgon, Take Me Away... No, Farther

It's such a cliche. Women are supposed to take time for themselves, perhaps relaxing with a lovely bubble bath. On Sunday night, I decided to do just that. As I sank into the lovely grapefruit-scented bubbles, my reverie was interrupted with, "Hi, Mommy!"

Jack had barged his little diapered ass right into the bathroom. He asked me what I was doing and if I was going to get "all clean." I assured him I would, but Jack decided to make sure by chucking all manner of bath products into the tub after me.

I'm pretty sure that's not how it was supposed to go.

But hey! It turns out that working a job with fewer hours and without a stupidly long commute does indeed relax me, put me in a better mood, and give me more time to spend with the boys. Looks like this plan is going to work!

No comments: