Tuesday, May 02, 2006

That's my boy!

Sometimes, Jack really, really amazes me. The two of us went to the park together yesterday, and we ran into our neighbors Dave, Maura, and Ryan. Dave noticed Jack's sneakers and said, "Hey, Jack, those are some cool shoes! Are those Spider-Man kicks?" Jack smiled, squatted down, and touched the Spidey on his shoes! My son knows who Spider-Man is! Of course, I had to test this a couple of times, so for the rest of the night, I'd ask, "Jack, where is Spider-Man," and every time, he'd point to the webslinger on his shoes. Steve was, of course, beside himself with pride.

Jack's receptive vocabulary is really growing by leaps and bounds, and not just in the case of identifying superheroes (though of course that is impressive in its own right). I asked him if he wanted to go to the park, and he responded by putting Elmo down and walking over to the door. Cool! He also loves going through picture books and identifying the different things on the pages, whether it's a baby, banana, monkey, sock, whatever. A few weeks ago, he didn't know how to do any of that stuff.

No comments: