Friday, August 31, 2007

Cheer!

Hey, Internet!

On Sunday, give a great big cheeer for Sandy, who will be running her very first half marathon in Virginia Beach.

Sandy is one of my partners in crime at RNO, and a few months ago, one of her friends somehow convinced her to run a half marathon with her. Sandy had never been a runner before, but she decided to give it a shot. She's been working hard, and now her big day is coming.

I think it's incredibly cool that she went from blogging about how she was able to complete most of her run that day with only a few breaks to walk and is now ready to go a 13.1 mile race.

So, good luck, Sandy! I will be cheering for you in spirit!

1 comment:

newsjunkie said...

Awwww thanks Betsy! I'm really amazed at how "easy" it was--I could have pushed myself harder than I did but I still finished right in the middle of all the finishers, and was back in my hotel room sitting on the balcony in time to watch the last groups of racers run by on the boardwalk down below.

I'm already excited for my next race, whenever that is...