Saturday, March 25, 2006

A day of firsts

Jack turned 15 months old yesterday, and according to my email from Babycenter, this month, he should be learning all kinds of new stuff and hitting all kinds of milestones. Perhaps Jack read the email, because today, he seems to be determined to do just that.
This morning, for the first time, he climbed onto the ottoman in the sunroom all by himself. He's never really been a climber, luckily for me, but all of a sudden, he just pulled himself up and onto the ottoman, then grinned at me. Naturally, he would not repeat this feat once I got out the camera, so here is a picture of him near the ottoman holding a toy. That toy, by the way, is apparently a tiger and not a tabby cat. As he was playing with it, he made all kinds of growling noises that a little tabby cat would be unlikely to make. So that clears up that mystery.
Maybe because he suddenly seemed to be all grown up, I decided to try putting him in one of the grocery carts with the car attached to the front of it. I wasn't sure how he'd deal with not being able to see me while we shopped, but I figured if it didn't work, I'd just put him in the basket. I needn't have worried, because he loved it. Steering the car and honking the horn is a heck of a lot more interesting than looking at boring old Mommy. Jack was happy and entertained for the whole shopping trip. Yay!

1 comment:

KB said...

Is he petting the tiger? It sort of looks like he's letting it chew on his arm, which is a pretty funny mental image. Well, for me anyway.