Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Running through quicksand

After Sunday's poor attempt at running, I made another go at the walk five minutes, run five minutes for a total of 20 plan. I was rested and ready to go.

I still felt like I was running through quicksand. The good thing is, I learned from this article by Pete Pfitzinger that, "During the first few runs you will just be getting your body used to the running motion again. You may feel as though you have never run before. Rest assured, this feeling will go away after a few runs."

When my legs felt weird, I ran a little slower. I looked like this:


But because I was able to run at all, and because I finished without pain, I felt like this:

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ah, I love turtles, they take their time!

newsjunkie said...

Good for you! Run/walk is a great way to recover from an injury. You'll get back to straight running eventually, just take the time to enjoy the scenery now.