Friday, January 02, 2009

2009 Goals

It is clear to me at here on the interwebs, all of the cool kids are posting their 2009 goals, and I am nothing if not cool. Here's what I'm thinking:

1. Run at least two half marathons triskos. Set new trisko PR of 2 hours or less (down from 2:05).
2. Run at least one marathon, setting a PR of 4:30 or less (down from 4:38).
3. Get a Fuel Belt and a Road ID. That should be easy enough, but they are important things to do nevertheless.
4. Run at least three new races.
5. Here's the big one: get more involved in running locally. I love my online running friends, but I also want to make some real life running friends. To that end, I am working to participate more in my local running club. I am also planning on joining the group track workouts on Tuesday nights, and anything else I can think of. I want to go to races and see people I know.

Best of luck to everyone for a great 2009!

11 comments:

newsjunkie said...

I have Road ID coupons if you want them, email and I'll send you the codes. :)

N.D. said...

Great goals!! happy 09!

MCM Mama said...

Great goals! I LOL every time you use the term "trisko".

Andrew is getting fit said...

What is a trisko?

Nat said...

I"m not sure what a trisko is either.

Hope you achieve your goals. We run a local race here in July and it's always good to meet other runners. :)

Midwest said...

Geez, you guys need to become more obsessive fans of my blog. A trikso is my attempt to rebrand the half marathon.

kara said...

I need to get a Road ID band too. I have my info on my ipod - but if I drop dead on the road, who would look in my player...
Good luck on your challenges.

kara said...

PS. newsjunkie - I would love a Road ID Coupon! My email is on my web page : )

RunToTheFinish said...

ah yes the real live actual in the flesh running friends...that's my big goal too!

Denise said...

Great goals! I actually wrote mine down last night to keep them where I can see them all the time! Happy New year!

Mike G said...

Those are admirable goals. I didn't know what a trikso is either, now I'm curious - does it have to do with the number of kilometers in a half marathon?