Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Who wants to hear six random facts about me?
I knew you'd be excited, Internet!
1. I am totally afraid of bats. Seriously, they freak me out big time. The evil beady little eyes, the noise, the way they swoop down on you. Oh, sweet Yoda, I cannot deal with bats. I will not go into any tourist destination with the words "Caves" or "Caverns" in it because I am sure they are chock-full of bats. Also, the summer after I graduated from high school, my mom's house had a bat problem for a while - we are talking bats hanging off the crown molding, people - and I seriously was about to move out.
2. At least 50 times in my life (seriously), someone has asked the question, "Hey, Betsy - you'd probably know this. What is the name of those guys in the balcony on The Muppet Show?"
And, duh, of course I know. Statler and Waldorf. I love, love, love the Muppets and take a tremendous amount of pride in the fact that Jack does, too.
3. I love all autumn squash. When it's in season, I will buy squash at random, whatever looks interesting, because it always tastes great to me. I like it with butter, brown sugar, and raisins.
4. I am famous for my desserts. I make a cheesecake that weighs about eight pounds, chocolate chip cookies that once got me a job, and delightful pumpkin cake roll, to name just a few.
5. The fictional characters I most relate to are Lisa Simpson and Hermione Granger from the Harry Potter books.
6. Despite the propensity for endurance running and the toughness therin, I am a fainter. I've fainted after giving blood, during a golf lesson on a hot day, and once on the Metro, in which I collapsed, landed on my face, and got a black eye (I did get a seat after that move). I can come very close to fainting if I haven't eaten in a while or if I stand up too fast. I am a delicate flower.
Consider yourself tagged if you're looking for material, catlickers.