Friday, December 18, 2009

Run, Run, Rudolph

It’s definitely cold outside her in the tundra known as the Midwest, but I refuse to let that keep me from getting a run in. Naturally, I’m not going to do anything extreme and foolish like run on a treadmill. Much better to cover myself in layers and layers of clothes, yank some Stabilicers over my shoes, and suck it up.

Last night, I was reminded of another benefit to running out in the cold: Christmas lights!

I meandered all through my neighborhood, running down unfamiliar streets, and enjoying the beauty of houses all lit up for Christmas. I like driving around looking at lights, but this was even nicer than a quick drive-by.

As runners, we see a world that non-runners don’t. This is just one of many examples.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ha! Love the treadmill comment. Totally agree but I do leave in a warmer climate. Hey, I LOVE the Christmas lights at night too and sometimes they're so bright I can turn off my headlamp! Keep running Rudolph!

Kent said...

I always thought the difference between a runner and a jogger was not an entry blank, but the desire to run in snow or rain or 10 degrees F.

Unknown said...

Hey there,
Good for you for getting outside and staying active no matter what the weather! Right now in Maine it is 8 degrees. As the makers of Stabilicer ice cleats we are pleased you have chosen our product to get out there, be active and be safe! Hope they continue to serve you well and keep you free of slips and falls! Happy Holidays and enjoy!

Heather
http://www.youtube.com/user/32northSTABILICERS#p/u/2/-g-AE8oyR4k
www.32north.com