Here's how the circuit works:
- Run a 4Km to 4Mi you will earn 10 pts. for participating.
- Run a 8Km to Half Marathon you will earn 15 pts. for participating.
- Run a Marathon or greater distance you will earn 20 pts. for participating.
- Run in a Duathlon you will earn 15pts. for participating.
- Run a Relay Leg or part of a Duathlon Team you will earn 10 pts for participating
- Volunteer for any event on the circuit and not run in it you will earn 10 pts.
- Participate in CBRC Club Races you can earn double points.
- Tie-Breakers will be determined by the most volunteer points.
I ran a lot of races this year, but not all of them were on our "circuit." I kept track casually of how I was doing, but didn't think about it too much. It turns out, I ran enough races to count - at our club meeting last night, I got second place in the women 30-39 group! And for my efforts, I scored a medal with our club's logo on it, and even better, a t-shirt! A red t-shirt, with all of the races listed on the back - in a technical fabric! I cannot wait to wear it out for a run.