Thursday, April 02, 2009

It's Gotta Be The Shoes

Buying running shoes fills me with anticipation. They are not just Asics 2140’s in a size 8-1/2 with blue trim. These are the shoes that will support me for hundreds of miles, whose brilliant white color will be grayed with puddles, splattered with mud, and caked with dirt. These shoes may be the ones that I wear when I run an amazing, inspiring workout on the track, that will suffer with me on a wrenching tempo run, and that will triumph when I PR at a race. $100 is a small price to pay, 100 words too small a tribute.

4 comments:

Lauren @ mostly i run said...

Small tribute, yes, but you managed to say a lot in those 100 words :)

Aileen said...

Skills...you have them!

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

Very cute!! Love the "grayed with puddles, splattered with mud, and caked with dirt." It is fun to give tribute to our training partners and support :)

Mel

Nitmos said...

Hmmm, methinks you should shop at discount stores. Buy the 2140's when the 2150's come out. The 2130's are going for $55 at some stores now.

Yes, I'm a cheapskate.