Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Tagged



Who wants to hear six random facts about me?

I knew you'd be excited, Internet!

1. I am totally afraid of bats. Seriously, they freak me out big time. The evil beady little eyes, the noise, the way they swoop down on you. Oh, sweet Yoda, I cannot deal with bats. I will not go into any tourist destination with the words "Caves" or "Caverns" in it because I am sure they are chock-full of bats. Also, the summer after I graduated from high school, my mom's house had a bat problem for a while - we are talking bats hanging off the crown molding, people - and I seriously was about to move out.

2. At least 50 times in my life (seriously), someone has asked the question, "Hey, Betsy - you'd probably know this. What is the name of those guys in the balcony on The Muppet Show?"

And, duh, of course I know. Statler and Waldorf. I love, love, love the Muppets and take a tremendous amount of pride in the fact that Jack does, too.

3. I love all autumn squash. When it's in season, I will buy squash at random, whatever looks interesting, because it always tastes great to me. I like it with butter, brown sugar, and raisins.

4. I am famous for my desserts. I make a cheesecake that weighs about eight pounds, chocolate chip cookies that once got me a job, and delightful pumpkin cake roll, to name just a few.

5. The fictional characters I most relate to are Lisa Simpson and Hermione Granger from the Harry Potter books.

6. Despite the propensity for endurance running and the toughness therin, I am a fainter. I've fainted after giving blood, during a golf lesson on a hot day, and once on the Metro, in which I collapsed, landed on my face, and got a black eye (I did get a seat after that move). I can come very close to fainting if I haven't eaten in a while or if I stand up too fast. I am a delicate flower.

Consider yourself tagged if you're looking for material, catlickers.

3 comments:

Meg said...

You made me crave cheesecake!

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm, autumn squash. I also love it with a little maple syrup. NOM.

RooBabs said...

Haha, that's funny about the Muppets. I'm a fan, too. I also love autumn squash- love the butter and brown sugar, and I never thought about raisins. I'll have to try that.

You desserts sound to die for. I used to bake a lot, but that's when I weighed more. Now I've found that I usually end up eating way more than I should, so I generally only bake if I'm taking something to a group function where I know there won't be too many leftovers (you have to tell us this story about getting the job using cookies!)

Too crazy about the fainting (my husband sometimes passes out when he has blood taken, so don't feel too bad).