Thursday, April 24, 2008

Few Words

The challenge of this week's Take It and Run Thursday is to post some wisdom about running in 13 words or less.

My first thought was to give some advice that I repeatedly learn the hard way:
Don't overtrain. Just because you physically can doesn't mean you should.


But really, there has never been better coaching advice than that given in the genius film Better Off Dead. Sure, it's about skiing, but it works for us, too:

Go that way... really fast. If something gets in your way... turn.

11 comments:

Robert Barker said...

I love that quote from "Better of Dead". I also fully agree with you on over training.

Mike said...

Wise words, thanks for sharing!

Especially like the Curtis Armstrong reference...simplicity should not be overlooked. I want my two dollars!

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhh I love that movie! Great advice for any sport or age.

Kent said...

Love the second quote... Of course, I might take "hit it" approach, which is probably why I needed the over-training message too.

newsjunkie said...

Oh so true!

chloe said...

Oh...how I love B.O.D. Such a great flick!

thebets said...

Two words for you....FRUNNCHHH FRIES!

The Laminator said...

I've been preaching your first quote since day one (although I only learned it and believed it after day one handred!)

Gone one. Movie quotes are the best!

Database Diva said...

I love both. I haven't seen it in years, but I loved Better Off Dead.

Bill Carter said...

Betsy

It never fails, when I read your stuff you always put a smile on my face and make me laugh. Leave it to you to give us good advice while at the same time making our day just a little bit brighter.

Thanks.

Bob A said...

First 13: Great advice
Second 13: Really funny