Monday, June 04, 2007

Twelve Sharp

I like the occasional Quarter Pounder from McDonald's. I know they're not good for me, and I know I could get a better burger somewhere else. But they're cheap and easy, and sometimes they really hit the spot. But there is the rare occasion in which you get an exceptionally good Quarter Pounder. It was cooked just recently, so it's perfectly hot and the cheese is melted just right. The condiments are distributed evenly across the burger, and the bun is soft and fluffy. It's still junk food, but it's awfully damned good junk food.

Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum books are like that really good Quarter Pounder. And sometimes, on a sunny day, they really hit the spot.

The one I read most recently was Twelve Sharp. The plot is fun, since it includes plenty of Ranger hotness and a great subplot about Lula forming a punk bad with Sally Sweet and Granny Mazar. It was a fast, funny read, and I totally enjoyed it.

No comments: